Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Change In The Hands Of A Woman

Call it the outlook of a 21st century youngster or just my prejudice and partiality towards women, I believe that the term "change for the better" can be facilitated only through the hands of responsible women. However, this does not imply that I find the menfolk of our country and elsewhere incapable of being change makers, I just doubt their loyalty towards the 'change'.
(Debatable though, but that's not the aim here.)



The girl clad in jeans and kurta is Chavvi Rajawat, the youngest lady Sarpanch of Soda Village, 60km from Jaipur. She left her corporate job and city life to join politics, becoming the Sarpanch of Soda village. Her grandfather Brig. Raghubir Singh was the Sarpanch of the village, from which she too was elected.
She is currently focusing on achieving the Millennium Development Goals for the village and to make the village self-sufficient without the intervention of the Government or NGOs. She had also addressed global dignitaries at the 11th Info-Poverty World Conference held at the United Nations in New York.
She has changed the concept of a village Sarpanch in India today, from the stereotypical image being of a worldly-wise elderly man wearing a kurta-dhothi to an equally knowledgeable fresh youngster, tech savvy and jeans clad. The world around us is changing and women are contributing endlessly to bring in radical change.

Women like these inspire me. After having read about her, my inclination to get into politics has escalated to a whole new level. I wish to be amongst these women who will wash away the backwardness in time and put rural India on the world map of its conserved ethnicity and self-sufficiency.


To the change-makers of the future(in which I include), both men and women,
Self-sufficiency is not mediocre and survival does not mean compromise.
The rural India is only accepting the current scenario, for them acceptance is a mean of adaptation, its not a choice.

9 comments:

  1. i like a lot man! :D
    i've read about her too and think she's totally kickin ass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten year from now, I see another inspired teenage girl writing a similar piece about a brilliant person I know.

    Plus, you look cool in a kurta and jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experience says to be a changemaker, the change begins with self.
    The time is right for a change. Follow your dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. brrrrilliant!! (gowri style) ;)!!! well written... (as always)... nd i even lyk de subject matter... u said it... women lyk her inspire u... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superlike!!! :) I've read abt her as well and I totally agree wid ya!! :) Luv the way u put it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shrav: Aint she cool or what!!
    @Fatsho: Gee :)
    @Mom trying to be anonymous: Yes I will make my bed! :p
    @Mariyam: Thanks ya :)
    @Deepika: Thanks dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GowriO write more often.
    I have told you how much I appreciate the way you write.

    Lots of Peace to you O :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Urmi, I certainly will :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you there already g :)Nothing convinces better than conviction right !

    stay at it g.o. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers